Join the NPC!
Benefits of Membership
Membership entitles you to numerous things including:
- Ability to attend Club Meets ‐ We aim to have meets in the Yorkshire Dales at least once a month (typically on the first Saturday of the month) and also several week trips to Europe or elsewhere
- People to cave with.
- Access to club tackle – we keep a good selection of SRT ropes, ladders, etc which is available for members to borrow.
- Accommodation at Greenclose ‐ at excellent prices (discounted for members) that doesn't need to be booked in advance. Once a full member, ability to sign up to two guests in.
- Club dinners – 2 a year – typically the winter one is in the Dales and the summer one somewhere else.
- Access to Club Library – the club holds an extensive library dating back to its formation in 1946 and beyond.
- Newsletter – 3 or 4 times a year.
- Public Liability Insurance ‐ via BCA.
- Access to club email group – this acts as a discussion form and provides members only file storage .
The current subscription for probationary members is £20 (+ £20 BCA membership unless you already get it direct or via another club). The NPC subscription year runs to 31st December each year.
How to Join
Apply for Probationary Membership
- Apply by contacting the secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application will be considered at a committee meeting and then the NPC Secretary will be in touch.
Get to know the NPC
- Typically, you will spend about 12 months as a probationary member.
- During this time, you should participate in NPC activities such as caving meets, dinners, etc.
- Get to know other NPC members; one way is to turn up at Greenclose on the first Saturday of the month (or the Friday night) and go caving during the day and attend the committee meeting in the evening (8pm)
Apply for Full Membership
- Apply for full membership by contacting the NPC Secretary.
- Applications for full membership are considered at the AGM usually held in November.
- The NPC Secretary will remind Probationary members that they can apply in late August or September.